In April, UNEP FI, the PRI, the Finance@Biodiversity Community and the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation will organize two webinars on engagement with companies. The first webinar on April 12th will offer guidance for financials on corporate engagement, and the second webinar on April 26th will explore whether companies are ready for reporting and disclosing on nature-related risks and opportunities.
Webinar 1: How to engage with corporates?
- Designed for institutional investors, this webinar will highlight best practices and offers guidance on why and how to engage with companies on biodiversity.
- The Finance for Biodiversity Foundation and the EU Finance@Biodiversity Community will launch a new guide on engaging with companies.
- The webinar will also explore the Nature and Biodiversity Benchmark process, created by the World Benchmarking Alliance, and designed to measure and track corporate performance towards a nature-positive future by measuring how companies are reducing their impact and even regenerating ecosystems.
- Financial institutions’ impact on global biodiversity levels is largely caused by the companies they finance or invest in. Engaging with these companies is an important strategy to reverse biodiversity loss.
Webinar 2: Are corporates ready?
- This roundtable webinar will examine whether companies are ready and well-positioned for reporting and disclosing on nature-related risks and opportunities.
- The webinar is focused on financial institutions as report users, but is also relevant for a corporate and an NGO audience.
- The discussion will focus on the current landscape for reporting and disclosure by corporates, in the context of the development of the Taskforce on Nature-Related Financial Risks (TNFD) disclosure framework.
- Nature loss poses risks for business now and in the future but tackling nature loss also presents considerable opportunities. Financial institutions and corporates are still missing information needed to understand how nature affects immediate financial performance, or the longer-term financial risks that may arise from the organization’s interactions with nature.
- Webinar 1: April 12th, 2022 at 2-3pm CEST
- Webinar 2: April 26th, 2022 at 2-3pm CEST
- Organizers: UNEP FI, PRI, Finance@Biodiversity Community and the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation
- Click here to register